The relative commotion inside subsided amidst mumbled grunts, sounds of shushing and muffled laughter as they hauled Denny off to some place in the house to be tortured and probably killed, hopefully they were tired enough to put that part off until they slept it off.
Slipping up the steps, I peeked inside and spotted the guard sitting on an old ottoman. He looked quite tired too. Probably had been on guard duty all night and now, at four-thirty in the morning was getting to the point of dozing off.
"I've got this one." Jerry whispered, holding up his gun with the silencer already screwed on.
"Go for it." I whispered back.
Carefully turning the knob, I opened the door a crack and Jerry took aim through the gap.
*Peyuup*
The guy's eyes opened in a sudden shocked expression and his head slammed backwards against the wall. The small round hole leaked a small trickle of blood that ran down both sides of his nose. He started to tilt to his left until he had wilted over and his head almost touched the floor. The new posture allowed the blood to drain from his split open head onto the carpeting.
"That's going to stain." I whispered as I opened the door and we filed in as quietly as we could.
Stepping around the body and the growing puddle of dark red blood, I started for the next room but was startled by the sight on the floor in the doorway.
It was Daniel Porter, one of Henry's friends on the force and the second person watching the house tonight.
I had no idea why he was inside the house and he still had his weapon but someone had stabbed him in the neck. The second person tonight with the same death dealing wound. I began to suspect a particular killer that I knew had been working for Vito's mob in the past and had moved to Chicago a few years back. I can't call Henry yet but he needs to know about his friends as soon as possible. I want to be the one to tell him. He at least deserves that.
In the room behind Porter's body I could hear music, turned down low but likely had a wide-awake listener so I headed that way. Setting my bow aside I pulled my gun and secured the silencer. Jerry moved up to my side and grabbed the doorknob. I silently counted "Three, Two, One." Jerry turned the knob and threw the door open wide. The startled occupant of the room looked up just in time to see my first shot struck struck him in the gut just to the right of his navel.
Jerry's shot hit him top right in his abdomen at almost the same instant as my first shot. My next shot plowed through his heart and sent a gusher of blood spurting from the hole. He fell to the floor with a rather loud thud. That was probably going to bring someone to investigate...
"Spread out! Watch the stairs. We are likely to have some company after that noise." I ordered.
"I hear somebody!" Jerry whispered. "Over here."
Leaning against the wall out of sight from the stairs, I held my place until I heard the footsteps near the bottom of the stairs.
"Hope they aren't expecting me here." I thought.
"Now or never!"
I stepped around the corner into full view of the stair steps. Pointed my gun and fired.
Fortunately the guy was careless. He was looking at his feet when the first two slugs hit him. By the time he looked up the third bored it's way through his midsection and he fell backward on the steps. I pumped one last shell through his heart and he jerked upward, stiffened in place for a long, painful moment and then wilted back on the steps.
Climbing the stairs I could hear water running in the bathroom.
"Cover me." I ordered.
I turned the knob but it was locked. Pulling out a credit card, I slipped it in between the latch and striker plate. I weighed my options again and opted for the pistol with silencer, mostly because of the ability to fire several shots in rapid succession if need be.
Stepping in I watched as the guy toweled himself dry, finishing with his hair, tossed the towel on the edge of the tub, smoothed his hair and turned toward me. He looked with a bit of surprise that I was inside the bathroom with him and then with shock as he realized who I was and that I had my gun aimed at his chest. I recognized him too. His name was Eric, and although I had never worked with him, I knew he was a fast and efficient killer and deadly loyal to Vito and his mob.
Before he could speak at all, I squeezed the trigger, my gun recoiled and his chest erupted in a bloody explosion.
Frozen in a silent scream, he stood there for as long as it took for him to topple over backward, hitting his head on the edge of the tub with a rather loud bang that probably would have killed him without the bullet that blew his heart apart.
"Hey Eric, you ok in there?"...
The voice came from the bedroom next door. I knew i couldn't sound like Eric so I kept quiet and headed out the door. The guys in the hall heard the call too. As I stepped out, I got to see David in action with a knife for the first time. The door opened and a bearded guy stepped out onto the hallway. As soon as he spotted us, David threw his knife, striking him in the gut.
The first reaction was to gasp with the pain and grab for the knife. I knew the next would be either a scream for help or a loud howl of pain. I couldn't let that happen. Pointing my gun at him I let one shot go. His throat was now pierced through, his spine shattered at the base of his neck and no chance of any kind of outcry. He wilted to the floor in a bloody heap.
"We need to sweep these rooms before they all come out to get us. Let's start at this end." I suggested. "Clean out this place once and for all."
Moving to the first room at the top of the stairs, Dave was just reaching for the doorknob when it opened and the occupant stepped out into the hall. Instinctively I raised my gun and fired.
One shot to the temple did the trick and the armed killer twisted around and tumbled face first down the stair steps, laying in a silent sprawl, head on the landing and his bare feet still near the top step. The carpeting had muffled the sound of his death tumble enough that hopefully, no one would investigate.
David went down the steps and pulled the guy's wallet and checked to see and sure enough, another Chicago thug.
"Looks like we're cleaning up two cities at once," he quipped. "I think I'll keep these." he said as he picked up the guy's pistol and pulled a nice knife from his waistband.
"Help yourself." I said. No sense letting them go to waste, or worse yet be used on us later."
I softly knocked on the next door. A stirring inside told me that whoever was inside was awake so I readied myself for him. The door opened and he looked at my face, looked down at my body and smiled.
"Well hello there!" he grinned. What's on your mind handsome?"
"You are." I answered. His smile broadened.
"Well don't just stand there, come on in." he invited as he turned around.
"Don't mind if I do." I said as I stepped in behind him.
I didn't hesitate. One quick upward thrust and my blade found his heart. He gasped hoarsely as his pierced heart spilled blood out into his chest and he lost consciousness. He stumbled forward and landed with a solid thud on the floor and lay still.
I turned back toward the door as Jerry entered the room.
"Enjoyed that a bit, huh?" he smiled, pointing to the exaggerated bulge in my jeans.
"He wasn't bad looking. Too bad he was here working for Vito. We might have hit it off."
"He obviously didn't know who you were. He should have paid more attention." Jerry said pointing to a piece of paper on the table, partially folded in thirds. Picking it up I saw my smiling face grinning back at me and the words "Two Million Dollar Bounty" across the top.
Wiping the blade clean across the guy's snug jeans butt, I headed for the door.
"Next one's mine." Jerry announced. "Can't let you have all the fun."
My mind raced through the warnings and suspicions about this unknown element in this whole war. A guy with no history, no traceable origin that claims to be an ex Marine, with all kinds of skills and a knack for killing some of the best killers on the streets... He has repeatedly demonstrated his skills and his determination to join himself to me, repeatedly coming to my rescue as he finds a threat, he warns me or takes care of it on his own.
He tried the next door. It was unlocked. Opening the door wide, he reached inside and snapped on the light. The guy laying on the bed in his underwear woke up with a start and quickly swung his legs over the edge of the bed and stood up. Still dazed by the bright light, he probably couldn't see who was in his doorway when Jerry threw his knife.
"Unhhh!" The solid thump and the quick grunt were followed by him stumbling backwards until he fell over the bed and almost off the back side onto the floor.
"Nice throw." I commented as we entered the room. Jerry checked for a pulse while I admired the full package now prominently displayed in his sprawl over the bed.
Giving the firm bulge an exploratory squeeze, I was impressed at the size and firmness.
"Quite the stud." Dave commented, giving the bulge his own test squeeze.
"Who was he?" Chet asked.
Finding his wallet on the dresser, I opened it up and pulled out his license.
"Zack Wallace... Baltimore." I read. "That's a new one."
"Just two more rooms on this floor." Chet observed. Must be Giorgio and his boys are up on the third floor."
"Makes sense," Jerry answered. Safest place to be. The most people to go through to get to them."
"These guys were supposed to be bodyguards but I don't think that they expected anyone would be able to get in as easy as we did." I suggested. "We really managed to take them off guard."
"Let's finish these last two rooms."
I readied my gun. Trying the doorknob I found it unlocked. Quickly throwing the door back I snapped on the light and raised my gun.
"Whoa there!" I stopped with the trigger about half way pulled. Carefully releasing the trigger I hurried into the room and to the figure tied and gagged on the bed.
"Dorner!" I said as I hurriedly drew my knife and started cutting away at the ropes. Carefully peeling the tape from his mouth and reaching in to help pull the large ball of tape that they had shoved in his mouth, I helped him sit up on the side of the bed.
He was covered with cuts and bruises. His right knee was badly swollen from being bashed with a baton and his back had deep cuts and welts.
"Those bastards were knocking the shit out of me trying to find out anything they could about you." he coughed and spit up several gobs of coagulated blood. "I didn't tell them anything Kyle. They want your head. Vito wants you alive so he can kill you himself."
"Yeah, I heard." I answered.
"Listen Kyle, they were talking between themselves while they thought I was unconscious... Vito has a trap set up for you. He says that if it works that you will willingly walk right onto his hands."
"Thanks, I'll be careful. I promise." I answered.
"Hey man. Hang in there and we'll get you to the hospital." I said. "We have to finish sweeping through this place. Can you hold on for a few more minutes?"
"If you're going to kill that son-of-a-bitch and his fucking bastard sons, I want to help!"
He was emphatic about it but I convinced him to wait for us in the car. He was too weak to move fast and pretty shaky on his feet.
"Let Chet help you downstairs while we finish up in here. He can get you to the car and then to the hospital." I helped him to his feet. "Chet, get him downstairs and in the car. We'll finish up here and be down as soon as we can."
"Sure thing boss... Be careful up here."
"Count on it." I answered.
"No, seriously," he nodded toward Jerry as Jerry was leaving the room, "Be careful."
I patted him on the shoulder and he started the trip down the stairs with his unsteady charge in tow.
"Last room on this floor." I said. Lets go.
Heading for the last door at the end of the hall, I again readied my gun.
*Knock* *Knock*
"Just a second." the voice inside said.
A click and the door started to open.
"What?" he said as he looked into the bright light of the hallway.
I delivered a hard punch to the guy's solar plexus and he folded up and dropped to the floor.
I took aim and delivered one shot to his back. I saw blood splatter out from his chest, painting the carpeting with pieces of heart and bone mixed with an abundance of blood.
He slowly wilted down as his stiff muscles gave way to the limpness of fresh death. His naked body lay in a pathetic heap on the floor, never to move again.
Not quite sure what made it happen, maybe a trip to the bathroom, but I heard footsteps coming down the stairs from the third floor. It was Andre, Giorgio's long time personal bodyguard.
I fired. The first shot hit low in his gut - left of his bellybutton. He crouched with the pain and lost his balance, falling down the remaining steps.grabbing at the handrail he turned over onto his back and slid toward the bottom step. He arrived at the bottom at the same time I did. I pointed my gun at his chest as he cringed, waiting for the kill shot.
*Peyuup*
His body jerked with the impact. A slight bloody spray puffed from his nose and mouth and his eyes clenched tightly shut as the final burst of pain jarred his nervous system at the moment of death. The shot brought the smell of gunpowder and burnt hair to the room. A small curl of smoke still wafted up from the hole in his chest as his tight muscles relaxed for the last time.
No weapon. Checking the body for any clues showed no weapon, no ID. He must have wandered downstairs for a drink of water or a trip to the bathroom. Other than his bathrobe, his underwear, a watch and a small gold bracelet, there was nothing. Andre must have been confident of his safety. His fatal mistake.
I gathered up my bow and ordered everyone "No guns, silenced or otherwise... Arrows or knives only. The party boys had only gotten home a short time ago and were likely to still be wide awake. Other than the sound of the air conditioning, there will be very little to mask any noise we might make. There were five rooms upstairs. One of the rooms would have been the now-dead bodyguard's room, unless, of course, the "bodyguard" wasn't really that at all but somebody's sex partner for the night... That would explain the total lack of weapons on his body. I knew that the room at the end of the hall was the master bedroom and Giorgio would be in there. Hopefully none of them will have any company in their rooms. "If they do, don't hesitate to kill their company on sight. Male or female, assume the worst and don't give them the chance to kill you."
At the top of the steps Dave readied his mini crossbow as we prepared to open the first door. I carefully turned the knob, turned to Dave and nodded as I pushed the door wide.
The guy in the room was laying back on his bed, fully dressed and sat bolt upright at the sound of the door being opened.
*Click* *Thunk* "Uhhhh!"
It was the real bodyguard, Scott Garner. He grabbed at his chest as the searing pain shot through his being. He moaned softly as his life fled away and he promptly fell back on the bed in the same position that he had been in when we disturbed his nap and replaced it with a more permanent rest.
I couldn't help thinking how sexy he looked laying on that bed with that bolt standing proudly out of his chest. What a hot way to go...
I listened at the next door and heard something I was hoping for... snoring. Whoever was in there was sound asleep and not likely to cause any problems.
"I know these people and they know me. Maybe it's best if I'm the one to kill them." I said. "Besides, this is personal."
"Be my guest" Jerry said, "Just be careful."
I quietly opened the door and slipped inside. There sprawled out on the bed was Giorgio's youngest son Steven. Twenty four years old and a handsome specimen of manhood but unfortunately smelled strongly of whiskey and absolutely helpless. If he was awake he would be at my throat but this way would be quick and merciful compared to anything else.
The thrust was quick and solid. The knife slammed down through his chest and slammed into his backbone with a gritty crunch. Steven's last breath became a loud snort but he did not react, did not wake up, he did not move. He simply stopped breathing. Such a shame to end his young life like this but thanks to his father and uncle, he was condemned to death either by me or someone trying to stop the family's murderous practices.
Drugs and guns bring their own rewards and they seldom end well.
The next room had the sounds of a television playing softly coming through the closed door. The smell of cigar smoke seeped through the cracks and let me know that whoever was inside was probably wide awake and likely to be quick to respond to anyone coming into the room.
No time to waste. I nodded to Jerry who grabbed the doorknob and pushed it wide open.
I spotted my target standing by the bed and fired.
The shaft fond it's mark, although it was a little low. The growling groan that escaped from his throat demanded quick action. I rushed into the room and knocked him back onto his bed, cupping my hand over his mouth to silence any possible cries for help. He struggled against my hand and tried to grab at my throat but the arrow had done it's work and he was rapidly bleeding to death internally as each beat of his heart pumped most of his blood flow out into his abdominal cavity. He started shivering as a chill started to wash over him and his struggle grew rapidly weaker. Soon he was panting, gasping for air before a strong convulsive reflex arched his back in a death spasm and he collapsed across the bed, his muscles still rigid but no longer guided by any sign of life in the ruined body.
"That was Benjamin, Giorgio's oldest." I announced.
"The last room before the master bedroom must have Anthony - 'Tony.'" I said. "He's just a year younger than Ben was."
I listened at the door and couldn't hear anything. There was a light on inside so he might be awake, he might be passed out like his younger brother. I couldn't tell.
"Go ahead, open it." I nodded to Jerry as I readied another arrow.
He pushed the door open and I stepped inside. Young Tony was lying on the bed fully clothed
*Fwip* Thud* "Unhhh!!"
The arrow went completely through and embedded itself in the mattress, nailing him to the bed. He looked up at me and tried to speak but couldn't quite get the strength. He shuddered with agonizing pain as his life ebbed away and I honestly felt a little sorry for him.
There's a joke! A hit man with a conscience. Cold blooded killer for hire feeling sorry for his victims. "That shit will get you killed." The words Frank and I used on each other many times echoed in my mind. Still I felt bad that they had to die for the sins of their father. It was finally time that I fixed their problem, even if it is to late to save them.
"Let's finish this shit with this bastard." I said, covering Tony's face with a pillowcase.
What a great chapter! I wonder who Hoyle is? HMMMM!
ReplyDeleteThanks for a terrific chapter, Kyle! I especially love the shooting of that hunk in the Joe Boxer underwear with the scorpion tat on his chest. Gorgeous guy....gorgeous body! It's all very fine!
ReplyDeleteFantastic story and exciting pics Kyle, thanks.
ReplyDeleteLoved the knifings of those shirtless studs, but the other kills are great too.
Thanks guys. It is good to know that there are some out there that enjoy my stories and pics. Sometimes the lack of response is a little discouraging.
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking the time to post your comments.
Kyle
I'm impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across a blog
ReplyDeletethat's equally educative and engaging, and let me tell
you, you've hit the nail on the head. The issue is something which not enough
folks are speaking intelligently about. I'm very
happy that I found this in my search for something regarding this.
my page; boyfriend quotes
Hi Anonymous,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words. I would be interested in learning more specifics about what you like about the stories and pictures here. I am very happy that you like what you have found.
Kyle